Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Trader Joe's Thanksgiving Dinner for Couch Potatoes

Trader Joe's is a land of unusual delights.  No seriously, that tiny little store packs amazing and delicious things in there.  We're in the middle of Pumpkin Town over there right now.  If you've been in the last few weeks you know what I mean.  Pumpkin flavored: pie, coffee, tea, tortilla chips, salsa, bars, cookies, candy, etc.  You could have an entire day's menu made entirely of pumpkin.  

You know, if that's your thing.

But now that it's November they're peppering in some Thanksgiving delights.  The regular items like stuffing, boxed gravy, turkey, cranberries, etc.  But also the more unusual like Turkey and Stuffing Seasoned Kettle Chips.  Yes you read that right, they have thanksgiving flavored potato chips.  What?

I did a double take when I saw them at the store and then immediately bought a bag.  Turkey, Stuffing and Chips, what could possibly go wrong?

I tried them that night and if Turkey and Stuffing Kettle Chips are wrong then I don't want to be right.  They tasted just like stuffing/turkey and gravy!  I told my husband that they reminded me of Willie Wonka and the food flavored gum.  But this time you won't blow up and turn blue! (well unless you're allergic but read the ingredients first and you'll be okay).

The only downsides that I can see are:

1. This is a seasonal item and they're probably already out at my local TJ. :(
2. The calories are super high.  I'm talking a 8 chip serving size (!!!).

But hey, it's Thanksgiving people.  Just let out your belts a notch or two and enjoy. 

You're welcome. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment