HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crock Pot Sour Cream Chicken Recipe

I wanted to share another one of my favorite recipes.  This one is a tried and true crowd pleaser.  I'm not sure where I found it originally, but I've been making it for years now.


Sour Cream Chicken
Ingredients
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
4 chicken breast halves
1 box (or can) condensed cream of mushroom soup (or chicken, celery or broccoli)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
*(optional)1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced

Directions
Combine the first 4 ingredients and rub over both sides of chicken.  Place in crock pot.  In a bowl combine the soup, sour cream and wine/broth.  Stir in mushrooms if you're using them.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve over rice or quinoa.

Hints: I almost always use frozen chicken breasts.  Much easier!  I sometimes skip the mushrooms or use canned instead of fresh.  I tried using wine once instead of chicken broth, but I prefer the broth flavor.  Finally, if you are a big fan of the creamy sauce part (we are!!) you can add more sour cream.

1 comment:

  1. That looks easy and delight. I will try that recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete