HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Purslane Potato Salad Recipe

Purslane has been added to our vegetable vocabulary this summer.  We've had it in our CSA box a few times and I most recently used it in a quinoa stuffed zucchini boats recipe.  This last week I added it to potatoes and made a gluten and dairy free potato salad.  It is extremely easy yet has the best flavor.  It is my new go-to potato salad recipe!  You can also use regular mayonnaise of course, but our family prefers the taste of Vegenaise.



Purslane Potato Salad 

6 medium potatoes, sliced and cooked
2 cups purslane, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, sliced (or to taste)
1 cup Vegenaise (or mayonnaise)

Mix together all ingredients. Serve chilled.

How easy is that?  You could also add salt, pepper or a bit of sliced celery.  For the green onions I just used the frozen (and already sliced) ones I had prepared before.  I estimated about 1/4 cup, you could add more or less.

We just got another bunch of Purslane in today's CSA box, I think I'll make it again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment