HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A taste of Hawaii at Zion National Park (Springdale, UT)


I found a great little taste of Hawaii way up in the mountains of southern Utah.  Who would have thought?  While living in Hawaii for 4 years I learned to love shave ice.  Not the chunky snow cones  of my youth but fine and lightly flavored shave ice.  Do you know the difference? 

Shave ice is made using a big block of ice and a machine that "shaves" pieces off the top.  That makes it light and fluffy.  This particular store had extra fluffy shave ice because she didn't pack it down as she added more.

So many flavors!  I had the hardest time deciding what to choose.  I ended up with Hawaiian Wedding Cake and Mango.

The girls watching Tara, the owner shave the ice.  I didn't get a photo of the baby crawling under the table and eating ice off the floor a minute later.  Lovely.  

Ah the anticipation!

The four year old had grape and strawberry.  She had her very own which was a first.  

Look at that red smile.  The shave ice may have had real cane sugar but it definitely had some fake dye.  Ha!

A size small wasn't enough for my husband.  He went back and got another one, this time a large!  He was nice enough to share with me.  Live and learn, next time we get both get a large!

If you are visiting Springdale make sure to check them out 
Zion Hawaiian
932 Zion Park Blvd
Springdale, Utah 84737

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say thank you for sharing on this very nice and interesting info with us, I am sure your idea is more useful for me.

    Zion Park Utah

    ReplyDelete