HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Monday, May 27, 2013

My Favorite Fudge in all the World


My favorite fudge in all the land comes from a tiny little town on the North Shore of the Big Island of Hawaii.  It is sold upstairs at the Kohala Coffee Mill in Hawi, HI.



Now you may already know that I love fudge, and I have a wonderful 7 Minute Dark Fudge recipe to prove it.  But this isn't like any fudge you've ever had, well unless you've been to Hawaii.  I'm talking about liliquoi fudge, liliquoi also known as passionfruit is a perfectly sweet tropical fruit.


I first had their beautiful fudge a couple years ago when I was pregnant with my baby-girl.  I bought only 1/4 lb at that time and had it polished off before we left the island.  I talked to everyone I knew about that fudge and dreamed of it on and off for the next 2 years.  A trip back up North was a must have on our recent trip.  We drove all the way up and straight to the shop.  When we arrived a sign said "Closed" and my heart dropped right there.  Well, turns out they were opening at 11am and it was 10:50.  Whew.  A few minutes later there we were ordering my beloved fudge.  A full pound this time thank-you-very-much.

Love!  I'm on the hunt for a recipe to make it myself, I'll let you know if I find a good one.

If you are ever on the Big Island I recommend a trip to Hawi.  Buy some fudge and at least sample the liliquoi, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment