HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, May 18, 2017

PSA - Get those Graduation Books out!


A few years ago when my youngest was in Kindergarten I was browsing on Pinterest and saw the idea of having teachers sign the same book each year and then give the book to them at graduation.

Well it's the best idea except two tiny things.....

1. You have to keep the book hidden for 12-13 years!
2. You have to ask the teachers to sign each year.

And last but not least:

3. If you have more than 1 child you have to do it for (all of) them too!

So.....that brings me to my PSA today.  If you have one of those books for your sweet kids then pull them out and have the teacher sign in ASAP.  You want to make sure they have enough time, I'd suggest 3-4 weeks before the last day of school since they already have SO MUCH going on at the end of the year.

In the beginning I was able to send the book in my daughter's backpack with a note but now that she's older I had to coordinate with her teacher by retrieving it from their office mailbox.



If you haven't started this tradition yet I recommend the classic "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" by Dr Suess.  Or the one I bought our youngest, "The Wonderful Things You Will Be" by Emily Winfield Martin.


 

A couple tips to make this a success:

1. Make sure your book is hardback, they'll hold up better over the next 13 years.

2. Keep the book in an envelope such as a used Priority Mail envelope (or two).  This will work when they're younger (can go back and forth in a backpack), but once they get older and wiser you'll have to get more sneaky.

3. If 13 years of tracking down teachers seems overwhelming make a smaller goal, perhaps just elementary school.  I'm leaning more towards finishing up our books for 8th grade graduation. :)

Now I need to get started on the end of the year teacher's gifts, we only have 3 more days of school!!  Woot woot!



No comments:

Post a Comment