HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, October 5, 2017

How my oldest discovered the Tooth Fairy Isn't Real

My firstborn is quickly approaching age 10 (this month!!!) and she just discovered that the Tooth Fairy is Mom.  I was pretty sure she already knew this summer after she peppered me one morning with so so many questions...but she insisted that she believed until her Dad told her the truth.

Yes that's right, her father told her last weekend when she lost tooth #14 that the Tooth Fairy was Mom.  It was my fault because I fell asleep early that night and forgot to slip the note/money under her pillow.  The next morning she came out sad faced to her Dad and he decided it was time to tell her the truth (his response "she's almost 10").  

He sat her down and told her that it was Mom all these years and that she'll still get money even though she knows.  Also that we need to keep the secret from her sister for a few more years (she's only 6).  My daughter took it well and I showed her where I'd collected all her teeth (I know I know, it's weird) and she enjoyed looking them over.

So for now she only believes in Mermaids and Unicorns. Love my big girl!


Tooth #1

For more on how our family does  the Tooth Fairy check out: Tooth Fairy Traditions

Tooth #14

No comments:

Post a Comment