HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The best waffles ever.

I recently tried a new recipe for Apple Cider Waffles.  I happened to have some fresh apple cider in the fridge so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Turns out they were easy to make, smelled fabulous and tasted great.  What more could you want?

I had some leftovers in the freezer so I warmed them up yesterday for breakfast.  Added a little butter and some fresh fruit and it was delicious.  Quite the upgrade from my usual bowl of cereal or granola bar.

I found the recipe on stephanie cooks.  She found it on another site.  That's how it works here in the blog world.  Ha!

Apple Cider Waffles

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup apple cider

Directions:

  1. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Stir well. 
  2. Beat in the egg, oil, milk and cider.
  3. Set aside and let stand 5 minutes while heating your waffle iron.
  4. Spray the waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron directions.
Can be frozen and reheated in the microwave, but like most foods it is best served fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment