HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Downton Abbey Finale

Hard to believe that Downton Abbey is already finishing up Season 2.  The two hour finale is on tonight. It seems like yesterday I was writing about the series here.  Of course it's only been 6 weeks, so I guess that isn't too long ago. ;)


Have you been following along with the upstairs and downstairs drama?  Have you been drinking tea and biscuits as you watch? I have.  Tonight I'll bring out my little Harrods of London tea pot and brew up some Lady Earl Grey tea with shortbread.  The sprinkles in the tea are from my Trader Joe's Sugar Chocolate & Coffee Bean Grinder.

In honor of the finale I had considered making my own clotted creme, the yummy dairy deliciousness added to scones over in England.  However, after learning that it takes 8-12 hours of cooking (either in an oven or a crockpot), and then 8 hours in the refrigerator to make only 1 cup of clotted cream I decided to forgo it this time.

Maybe I'll make scones and clotted creme for Season 3.  If I can wait that long.  I've read that season 3 will include Shirley MacLaine as the new character Martha Levinson, the mother of Lady Grantham.  That should be a hoot!

So what will we see in tonight's 2 hour finale?  Will Matthew end up with Mary?  I doubt it but I'll be tuning in online pbs.org to see.

Let me know what you thought when it's all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment