HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Re-using boxes for crafts

My 4 year old is going through a crafting and art stage.  She starts her day by coloring in the kitchen before we're even awake.  She continues to cut, color, glue and decorate whenever possible.  She asks for things from the recycling bin including mail, magazines, egg cartons, coupons, etc.  I have to keep her from going thru my trash!


One week she pleaded for a empty box so that she could make a "puppet theatre".  She spent awhile feverishly working on it and then treated us to a few adorable puppet shows.




Today she's been working on a helicopter.  Yes, that's right she wants to build a "real" helicopter. She was inspired after one of her bedtime stories The Flying Hockey Stick by Jolly Roger Bradfield.  She's asked us to get her "real" wheels for it whatever that means.



She's only been working on it for a little while today.  It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

What I love about reusing boxes is that I don't have to buy anything. :) After she's played with it for a couple days it goes in the recycling (she knows this ahead).  She's fine with moving on since there will be more boxes to come.  Ah, how I love my little creative girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment