HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gluten Free Brownies

I continue to learn about new vegetables and foods thanks to our CSA.  This last week it was chickpea flour.  I did not realize that you could make flour out of chickpeas.  Did you?

I came across this recipe from lucullian delights that used chickpea flour and decided to give it a whirl.  We are not a gluten free family but this recipe is.

Chocolate Brownies with Chickpea Flour

Ingredients
3 eggs
7 oz sugar 
9 Tbsp butter 
pinch of salt
3.5 oz dark chocolate
2-4 Tbsp cocoa powder (I used 3)
2.8 oz chickpea flour

Directions
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan.  Let it cool a little.  Whisk eggs and sugar fluffy and then add the butter and chocolate.  Stir well.  Add salt.  Sift flour and cocoa and add it to the rest.  Mix well and pour into a greased square cake tin (9x9'ish).  Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 22-25 minutes, use a toothpick to check.

Now I have a word of advice.  Whatever you do, do not, I repeat do not taste the batter before putting it into the oven.  All you will taste is the chickpea and you will wonder what you are doing and if you've wasted some lovely chocolate and butter on this crazy recipe.  Or at least that's what I thought!  Fortunately after it was finished baking I could no longer taste the chickpea and they were very tasty.  So skip the freak-out and wait till they're out of the oven.  Trust me.

Oh, and if you have some homemade vanilla ice-cream on hand they would be great together!

No comments:

Post a Comment