HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Becoming Sister Wives - Book Review

I recently read the book Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage by Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn Brown.  Now as you know I love to read books about Polygamy.  I am fascinated by this sub-culture that is living amongst us.



I've watched Sister Wives on TLC and had to check out their book when I saw it at the library.  I was hoping for some behind-the-scenes information on this intriguing family.  

So what did I think?  

Let me start out by telling you that this book is not fine literature.  It reads like it was thrown together haphazardly and in a hurry (which is probably was).  It is difficult to trudge through at times and it is clear that none of the Browns are writers.  

However, if you can get through the repetitive proclamations of how wonderful their family (and Kody) is there are some interesting tidbits.  Any fan of the show would appreciate knowing more about the early years of the Kody, Meri, Janelle and Christine courtships and marriage(s).  Also how they handle shared parenting and managing 3 (and now 4) households.  Good stuff.  

If you are a fan of the show then go ahead and check this book out.  It will scratch your curiosity itch.  If you are not a fan of the show and are simply looking for books on Polygamy I would pass.  Look here for more Polygamy book reviews and recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment