HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Monday, April 28, 2014

Baked Buttery Bread Crumb Cod Recipe

Hey, it's fishmonger monday! ;) This recipe is so easy and delicious that I had to share it with you.  I've got to say that you can't go wrong with buttery breadcrumbs am I right?  It can be used with any white fish if you don't have cod on hand.  



This recipe was a winner and I served it with other oven baked side-dishes including my Baked Zucchini Sticks and Baked Parmesan Mushrooms.

Baked Buttery Bread Crumb Cod
1 1/2 pound Cod (or other white fish)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs 
2 tablespoons Stick Butter 
Salt and Pepper to Taste 
Olive Oil  

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove skin from fish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper (to taste) and place in baking dish with a little olive oil. 
2. Melt butter in a medium sized bowl in microwave.  Combine bread crumbs with butter until well-coated and spoon crumb mixture over top of fish. Cover the top of the fish evenly or make a big pile if you want, but the top part may get more toasty (see my photo below). 
3. Bake in oven for 20 minutes if about 1" thick; 30 minutes if 1 1/2" thick. Fish should flake with a fork. 


Mmmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this recipe.  The photo doesn't do it justice, trust me it was GOOD! :)

Other Favorite Fish Recipes

(yes, I love butter!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment