HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Social Book - Review

I have a confession to make.  I am a big fan of Facebook.

Yes it's true, I spend way too much time on there.  I use it for this blog (Anne's Odds and Ends FP Page), vintage Fisher Price collector groups, playgroups and of course my own page.  Like many other mothers I have posted photos of my children, funny things they've said or done and other random day-to-day events.  It's sort of a journal in a way.

So when I saw adds for My Social Book I pretty much ordered one right away.

What can I say, I must be their target market!





My Social Book is a book (hard back or soft) that is printed with most of what you put on your Facebook page during whatever time you select.  They include photos and the layout looks like the FB page you are used to (well used to for right now, you know FB changes constantly).  You have lots of choices about what to include or leave out.

I ordered a test book selecting the year that my youngest was born.  It came to $25.20 for a 74 page soft covered book.  That was with a 30% off promotion code.



I loved it so much that I ordered two more books!  The next books were a big bigger (211 and 202 pages) and came to $98 total.  Still softcover.

I know they're not for everyone, but I am a satisfied customer.  I plan on making a new book for each coming year.  I just hope this company is around for awhile.

Have you made one?  What did you think?

They often have promotions, check out their FB page for updates.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea. But am not thrilled with the matte paper. I did get the soft cover. Which I like just fine. But the photos don't look very good on this paper. The cover of one of mine didn't print very good. It cut off part of the words which did not show on the preview. I would love to see more customization available before ordering. And I hope they can get a better quality paper to make the photos look better. I hope they can continue to improve and be around for future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I haven't ordered since this post and it's time to do another book for 2014-15. I was hoping they would have made some improvements by now.

      Thank you for sharing your experience.

      Delete