HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, March 20, 2015

Fisher Price Friday - Juice Glasses


I had to share a recent addition to my collection today.  Sometime in the 1970s or 1980s these adorable juice glasses were produced as a mail-away item.   

I have the blond girl and the Lucky dog.  This version of the Lucky dog is an early one, drawn with a straight side and ears held in place with a metal rivet.

The glasses were sold as a 4 piece set.  The two other classes are yellow with the angry boy (wearing a ball cap) and green with a farm mom (blue body and white hair in a bun).  

Each glass had 4 of the same images on it. 


They are juice glasses so actually pretty small and hold 6 oz of liquid when full to the top.  I put a toy next to the glass to show perspective.  


The glasses are relatively hard to find, unless you're willing to pay a high price!  I usually see sets of 4 sell for around $100-$200 on eBay depending on condition.  Individual glasses are usually about $25 but I've seen them listed for as much as $95!  However, if you're patient you can score a good deal.

Besides being hard to find they are also often in poor shape.  The color appears to fade easily and the images also scrape off (see Lucky's body on my first photo).  My glasses are actually in wonderful condition, bright and new looking!  I will absolutely keep these out of the dishwasher and away from my little people. :)

I'm on the lookout for the other two glasses and will update if my collection grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment