HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Sewing Christmas Presents - Not "sew" simple :)

I continue to attempt sewing projects here and there; but am very much still a beginner.  This summer I struggled through making my youngest an easy "20 minute" rubber ducky skirt that actually took hours.  And although it photographed well at her birthday party it was a hot mess if you looked closely. ;) 

Fortunately I have a friend who was willing to help me fix it and she ripped it all apart and I started over again but with step-by-step instructions.

That skirt repair went so well that I decided to try making another skirt, this one with some 1960s fabric that I brought home from my parent's house awhile back.  This distinctive 60s floral fabric was used in bridesmaid dresses back in 1970.  


Check out those lovely dresses; all sewn by hand. 


The skirt turned out pretty fantastic if I do say so myself.  Thanks to my friend's patient instruction and assistance. :)  The pink band is made out of vintage linen fabric.  I made the skirt as a Christmas present for my 10 year old and decided to whip up a doll sized skirt to add to her gift.  She is going to freak!



Not to leave my 6 year old out I made her a ducky skirt to match the previously-hot-mess birthday skirt.  


My Friend doll Mandy looks pretty cute doesn't she?  And it matches her roller skating outfit. 

Is it Christmas yet? :) Only 2 more days until we open presents on the 23rd.  Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment