HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Rice with Black Beans recipe.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and gave it a try last night.  I often say how yummy or delicious recipes are but I really mean it this time.  Let me put it this way, I had three servings last night and finished off the rest of the leftovers for lunch today.  So yes, I liked it!

It is from a blog called Favorite Family Recipes.  I made only a couple changes (per usual) including using a rice cooker instead of a pot on the stove (much easier for me).  They call this recipe Our Version of Cafe Rio's Cilantro-Lime Rice and Black Beans but we don't have a Cafe Rio around here so I'm not sure how similar it is.  I just know that I like it.

Cilantro-Lime Rice 
Ingredients 
1 c. uncooked rice (long-grain, white rice)
1 tsp. butter 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

Instructions 
In a rice-cooker combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 tsp. lime, chicken broth and water. Cook as usual. In a small bowl combine lime juice and cilantro (you can add 2 tsp sugar if you want but I didn't). Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.

Black Beans 
Ingredients 
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 c. tomato juice (or use tomato sauce using a 1:1 water to sauce ratio as a substitute)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro

Instructions 
In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.


No comments:

Post a Comment