HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Coconut Custard (Blender) Pie Recipe

It's Superbowl Sunday!  We're not a football (or television) watching family but I can still help with some great food ideas.  Now, I realize the game is already going so you may be thinking "too little too late" but you'd be wrong.  This pie recipe is so easy you can whip it up in 5 minutes and be eating it in 40.  I kid you not.

I had some friends over for a play date last week and decided to make a pie.  Just like that.  SO EASY!  I adapted the recipe from Land O Lakes.  They call it a magic pie because the ingredients separate while cooking so you end up with a golden coconut top, custard middle and (allegedly) a flour crust.  I didn't really see much of the crust on my pie but the rest was true.  I decided to rename it a custard pie because I think it suits it better.



Coconut Custard Pie
Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream & 1 cup milk (or 2 cups Half and Half)
1 cup flaked coconut (I used unsweetened)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Butter, melted
4 Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:  Freshly grated whole nutmeg or cut-up fresh fruit (I added fresh blueberries one day and they were perfect!).

Directions
Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 9-inch pie pan; set aside. Place half & half in 5-cup blender container; add all remaining ingredients (except toppings of course).  Cover, blend at medium speed until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Pour egg mixture into prepared pie pan; sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with fresh fruit. Store refrigerated.


I sprinkled Nutmeg on only one side, it came out a little clumpy but tasted just fine.

So what are you waiting for?  Go make a pie!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! 🥥🥧 I stumbled upon this amazing Coconut Custard Blender Pie Recipe on Anne's Odds and Ends, and I couldn't resist sharing my thoughts on it, especially in light of my recent discovery of seatgeeek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog post's step-by-step instructions were easy to follow, making the whole process a breeze.
    starbucks advent calendar

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've recommended this blog to many of my friends, and they all echo my sentiments. It's a hidden gem on the internet, and I'm glad to have discovered it."
    doubledownpromocodes

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This blog goes beyond just providing information; it fosters a sense of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for learning that's simply contagious."
    How to Get Detergent Stains Out of Clothes

    ReplyDelete