HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Greek Quinoa Salad


This weekend I had one of those days that started with pancakes and ended with birthday cake.  So for dinner I decided some veggies and quinoa were a must!  I had planned on making my favorite Mediterranean Quinoa recipe but remembered that I didn't have any basil.  A few minutes on Pinterest and I found this quinoa salad variation.  Fortunately I had all the necessary ingredients!  The family approved and now I have leftovers for a lunch this week. :)

Greek Quinoa Salad
Ingredients 
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup diced red onion, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2-3 Tbs red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator first (better this way).

No comments:

Post a Comment