HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, December 27, 2012

3 Things to do with Christmas Cards after Christmas


Despite my earlier misgivings we did end up receiving quite a few lovely Christmas cards, most of them photo cards.  I am enjoying these sweet smiling faces and I don't know about you, but it's hard to put them in the recycling bin after the New Year!  Last year I read about the most marvelous way to keep them in an organized and useful way.  I have that and 2 other ideas to share with you.


1. Make a coffee table (photo) book:  Using a hole punch and a couple binder rings (found at Target, Staples, etc) make a coffee table book.  You can leave it out year round or bring it out at the holidays.  My daughter loves looking at the photos from past years and comments on how everyone grows.


I made two different sized books since the skinny cards didn't fit as well with the big ones.  I also put several years together.  Depending on how many cards you get each year you may want to combine years as well.  This year I'll be starting over with a new "book".

2. Use the photo book as a through-the-year prayer reminder:  This is the best idea from my friend Beth.  Each week you flip the book to a different family and pray for them.  A great way to get your kids more involved in praying and it's also a way to get to know your friends and family.  This is especially helpful if like me all of your family and many of your friends live in other states (or countries).  You can take it further by contacting the family/friend ahead and asking for prayer requests, letting them know that you'll be praying for them the following week.  Isn't that the best idea?

Now last but not least.  If you have one of those fancy-newfangled smart phones you can...

3. Make the card the contact photo in your phone (or iPad):   That way when they call you see their lovely faces.  Just take a photo of the card and add it to your contacts.  I love this idea and when I get one of those newfangled smart phones I'm definitely doing it!  Santa did bring me a iPad mini this year so I'll try it on there.

So there you go, three ideas to keep those beautiful cards from the recycling bin.  Do you have any other great ideas?

Linked on: The Shabby NestDelicate ConstructionThe Frugal Girls

2 comments:

  1. That is such a fantastic idea! I love the coffee table book! Thank you

    ReplyDelete