HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Roasted Green Bean "Fries"

I realize that I just posted a green bean recipe but I had to share this one too.  If you aren't up for a complicated recipe this one is for you, it's easy-peasy.  This was my first time making it and I was surprised at how good it is!  One reviewer said that it was an alternative to french fries and I thought, "yeah right".  But I have to tell you, if you bake them long enough to get crispy they are indeed QUITE tasty and not far from fries.  Make sure you don't put too much olive oil on them (which can make them soggy) and bake them so that they look pretty brown and shriveled.  Trust me, that's when they're just perfect!


Roasted Green Bean Fries
Ingredients
1 lb fresh green beans
1 tablespoon olive oil (or just enough to lightly coat beans)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*optional 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Directions 
Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash, dry well, and trim green beans. Put green beans on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.  Use your hands to be sure all the beans are evenly coated and spread them out into 1 layer. Roast for 20-40 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled. Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment