HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, December 28, 2012

Fisher Price Friday - Spinning (bike) Bell

We had some wonderful vintage toys appear under the Christmas tree this year including the Play Family Western Town #934, Puzzle Puppy #659 and a bunch of Little People board books.  However, before I get to those lovely toys I'd like to show you a fun vintage item that my daughter received for her fifth birthday.  It's the Fisher-Price Spinning Bell #40110.  Designed for use on bicycles or tricycles this adorable little bell (and other characters like it) was made in 1992-1993.



The bell is fashioned after the Chunky Little People, the figures made after the classic little people (post 1990) but before the current little people.  There were three bells made; a Lucky dog (he came first), a Police Officer and this little Girl with Blond Hair.



The bell works by simply spinning the little girl around.  It makes a great chiming sound and I absolutely love that my little blond girl has a blond bell!



When I first heard about these bells I looked online and could find hardly anything about them and absolutely none for sale.  I think they are quite the find!  We are very happy with our bell and thankful that a online FP friend sold one just in time for my daughter's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment