HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, October 25, 2013

Fisher Price Friday - Whistling Teapot

Today I have a first for Fisher Price Friday, it's a toy I don't like.  No really, this is the worst Fisher Price toy ever.  It's so bad that I don't even allow it in my house, it is relegated to the playhouse in the backyard. :)  It's a whistling teapot from the Whistling Tea Kettle Set #2113.  The blue handle goes up and down.  After being pulled up gravity pulls it back down on it's own (slowly), this movement is what makes the whistling sound.  The teapot may be bright and colorful but it has the worst sound in all the land.  I'm talking alarm clock beep, police siren, smoke alarm bad.


It's cute though.  The #2113 set came with a few other pieces including 2 coffee cups, 2 saucers and 2 spoons.  I don't have any of those pieces but I can tell you that they're orange, yellow and white.

The bottom of the teapot has little plastic pads for it to rest on.  Also the toy number and date.  This set was made from 1987-1989.  I'm surprised that they made it that long to be honest, the kettle is SO noisy.

Just in case you don't believe me I have a video of the annoying sound.  But don't say I didn't warn you!! 

So did you listen?  Do you have a headache now?  I tried to warn you, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment