HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Super Easy Vitamix Almond Milk Recipe

I recently started to make my own almond milk.  I've been trying to find alternatives to dairy milk and so many of the store brands add too many extra (non-nut) ingredients to their nut milks.



I found a recipe online that was pretty easy, although you have to soak the almonds overnight.  Once I bought my Vitamix I found an even easier recipe.  This recipe is so simple that I had to share it with you!

Almond Milk 
3 cups of water
1 cup of raw almonds (unsalted!)
sugar to taste (I used 1 tbsp sugar)
*optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions
1. Place all ingredients in the Vitamix in the order listed.
2. Select variable 1.
3. Turn the machine on and slowly increase to variable 10, then to high.
4. Blend for 2 minutes or until consistancy is the way you like it.
5. Strain milk to remove sediment unless you like a fiber-rich thick milk. :)

Seriously, how easy is that?  No soaking, no switching out water.  Lovely.  

You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment