HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mashed Cauliflower side-dish in the Vitamix!


This beautiful colored cauliflower (cheddar colored) was included in my CSA box a couple weeks ago.  I was inspired by a recent date-night dinner at a local restaurant (salmon resting on a cauliflower puree) and decided to try to make my own version.  I didn't have salmon on hand so I made a side-dish version to go along with a favorite Crispy Oven Chicken recipe.

Recipe based on a recipe from Pretty Little Paleo
Cauliflower Puree
Ingredients 
Cauliflower head
2 cups chicken stock 
1 tsp dried rosemary (or 2 sprigs fresh)
5 cloves of garlic - smashed

Directions 
1. Prepare the cauliflower by removing the leaves and then cutting it into pieces.  Place the cauliflower into a large pot.  Add the garlic, chicken broth and rosemary.  Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.  2. Drain the cauliflower and place into the Vitamix (or another blender/food processor).  Mix at medium speeds until smooth.  We serve with some melted butter and salt to taste. :)

The results were a far more flavorful and creamy cauliflower than my usual recipe of steam then mix (with the kitchenAid mixer).  However, I will note that my kids pointed out that it resembled baby food.  Ah, what do they know? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment