HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby float - a summer must have.

Around here we start going to the pool in April when the weather hits the low 90's.  My community has a big pool and a perfect for the kids 18 inch kids pool.  The last couple of years I've had my daughter in the kids pool until about mid June when I get brave enough to go into the big (unheated) pool.  By the end of the summer the kids pool is a hot tub and the other pool a bath tub.  Such is life in Arizona.

This year I have the challenge of a 4 year old almost swimmer.  Which in many ways is worse than a not-at-all swimmer b/c she thinks that she can swim but can't.  Then add a under-one baby and I've been trying to find ways to keep both of them above the water when I only have 2 hands!

So I purchased this Swimways Baby Spring Float with canopy at Target this week.  I figured that once I get brave enough to go into the big cold pool this will keep her safe and happy.  I decided to try it out today in the little pool to see if she liked it.


She did.  In fact she loved it and was using it as a water-walker walking all over the little pool. She even jumped a bit in it.  Amazing!  So, if you too have a little one I recommend this pool float.


It folds up into a circle much like car window-shades do.  There are two cloth sections that inflate, which didn't take very long.  My favorite part is the sunshade.  It is detachable and provides great coverage.  Perfect to protect her sweet little baby skin.

I had a turtle float with my first daughter when she was a baby, and although it was cute it didn't work very well for us.  The seat was too big so she slipped around and couldn't sit quite right.  The sunshade was always falling backwords and didn't cover her most of the time.

If you're in the market for a baby float I found this one at Target for about $21 and it comes in 4 different designs.

ETA: Now that summer is almost over if you still need a float I'd look online at Amazon.  They have quite a few for about $20-$30.

4 comments:

  1. Buy a Puddle Jumper life jacket for your four year old. We have them for both kids and love them. They have them at Costco now and also on Amazon. They are Coast Guard certified life jackets - just can't use them on a boat. You will be able to relax knowing she is safe and it will give her more freedom in the water to practice her swimming skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those at Costco the other week and wondered about them. They look a little strange/awkward so it's good to have a recommendation. Thanks Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. Best Baby Swings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most recent baby monitors permit you to find a baby, along with hear a baby that is in another room. To know more about best baby monitors, browse this site.

    ReplyDelete