HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kymm's lemon bars

It's been an exceptionally busy day.  I started the morning by shooting a gun for the first time (more about that later).  Then I spent all afternoon in the kitchen baking and cooking.  I made kale chips, magic cookie bars, roasted chicken with lemon garlic green beans and finally my friend Kymm's Lemon Bars.


Don't they look delicious?  Kymm wrote about her lemon bars here and I just had to try them.  Since I love lemon bars I decided to make magic cookie bars to distract my husband.  So far it's working. ;)

Kymm's Lemon Bars
Crust Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Mix and press into a well greased 9x13 pan.  Bake 20 minutes at 350.  While crust is baking make the filling.

Filling Ingredients (beat together):
3 eggs
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

Pour over hot crust and bake for another 20 minutes.  Allow to cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar and store in refrigerator.

So yummy and only 7 ingredients!  Thanks Kymm for this fabulous family recipe.  For more great recipes check out Kymm's blog Will Work for Eskimo Kisses.

1 comment: