HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, April 27, 2012

Fisher Price Fridays - Little People Floating Marina

I'm so glad it's Fisher Price Friday, aren't you?  I had a hard time deciding which Fisher Price Little People (FPLP) play set to talk about this week.  Choices choices.  Ha!  Eventually I will run out of FPLP toys to feature, but not for a few more weeks yet. :)

I finally settled on my newest addition that arrived just this week.  It's the Little People Floating Marina #2582.  The marina was made between 1987-1990 and is designed to be a tub or pool toy.  This is not a toy I ever played with as a child, I would have been too old for it.  However, I saw it on Etsy and couldn't resist.  It has so many fun features and I knew my 4 year old would LOVE it.  I put it together tonight and it was a big hit.  The original set came with two children (shown above) and a sea captain with a big white beard (not the captain/pilot in my photo).  The other piece that I am missing is a yellow life vest.  Otherwise it's a complete set! 

The set has two exclusive boats, a red and white speed boat and an orange rowboat.  Both boats have loops in the top that hold them on the dock.  They also have pegs in the back so that they can fit on the yellow boat lift.

The yellow boat lift moves up and down so that the boats can go in and out of the water.

The marina set came with an exclusive orange and white sea plane.  The plane has a black propeller that spins around. 

 The sea plane has its own garage with a door that flips up to open.  Also a little ramp that it can use to gently slide down and into the water.  The only lithograph in this waterproof set is the LP Floating Marina sign above the garage.

There is a retractable orange diving board in the roof just in case the LP want to swim.  The top of the set has a handle that folds down and a flat area for playing.  The sea plane garage has two nautical looking orange windows. 

The dock side of the play set has a back door to the garage and a gas pump with a fabric cord.


While looking over the set and playing with it we discovered the slide in the lighthouse.  You put a LP in the top and twist around the red beacon.  Then the person falls down the hole and out the bottom of the slide.  Too fun!  The detailing is great on this set, you can see stones on the ground at the bottom and even a starfish on the stairs.

It is a perfectly adorable set and I think quite a steal at only $13 (plus shipping).

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED this toy as a kid, please let me know if you're re-selling it, I would love for my little boy to play with the my favorite bath toy of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls still LOVE this toy, it's a favorite in and out of the bath. :) I will let you know if/when we're ready to sell. Check out eBay though, there have been some on there recently. Here is one for a good price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fisher-Price-Little-People-Floating-Marina-2582-w-Captain-Near-Complete-/161756056267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a9698acb

      Delete
  2. Any chance you still have this and want to sell it? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you have the original yacht set up,, I'm having trouble finding out it's color and which pieces we're original.. I love your marina very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This toy brings back memories I had this growing up.. best toy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete