HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, April 6, 2012

Fisher Price Fridays - Little Riders and Play Family Nursery

This week on Fisher Price Fridays I'd like to share two of the smaller playsets.  Fisher Price Little People (FPLP) playsets are not just houses or buildings, but sets can also be people, vehicles or furniture.  Today I'll show you the Play Family Little Riders and the Little People Nursery set.

First up the Play Family Little Riders #656.  The original set came with an airplane, riding horse, tricycle, wagon and train as well as two little children (a boy and a girl).  The set was produced from 1976 to 1990.  All of the pieces have moving wheels and the wagon has a handle that moves up and down.

I learned from This Old Toy that the early versions of the vehicles had "Made In USA" imprinted on the underside of them.  The imprint was soon removed and replaced with just F-P TOYS.  The little riders with "Made In USA" are harder to find as a result.  I have four of the early versions. :)

Gotta love the angry boys.

And of course the boy with the pan on his head.  This little guy originally came with the school bus set #192.  He has a wood body but a plastic head.  

The nursery set #761 was designed to be an accessory set for the Play Family House #952.  There were other accessory sets but this one was the most popular and it was produced for 16 years from 1973-1990.  The original set came with a mom, dad, sister and baby figures.  The furniture was a changing table, cradle, high chair, rocking horse, playpen and stroller.  You know, all the gear you need for a baby. ;)  Unfortunately there isn't enough room in the Play Family House for all that furniture, but I guess that wasn't important.

There are three different types of babies.  Ones with hats, ones with little bald heads and the hospital baby which is bald and doesn't have a bib.  I've observed that the bald babies seem to be rarer and sell for more online.  I prefer the bald babies myself, but they're both cute.  I did read that certain nursery furniture pieces are more rare than others for example the orange high chair I have pictured is "very rare".  In fact all orange nursery pieces are rare.  I had more orange pieces but I sold and/or gave them away.  Oh well, as I've said before we don't collect to be collectors, but to play with the toys. :)

See you next friday!

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes I had set #761 with the baby with no bonnet. Thank you for posting as I had totally forgot about these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them again.

      Delete