HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Easy Lemon Cream

I ran out of the oatmeal chocolate chip lactation cookies I made last week and have been looking for something light but tasty.


I had an idea and whipped it up one evening to much success.  I made a lemon flavored whip cream and put it over fresh berries.  The tart, sweet cream and fresh firm berries are a perfect blend.  It's also easy, what more could you ask for?  All you need is some heavy cream, lemon curd (I love Trader Joe's brand) and fresh berries.  We've had a lot of fresh berries around here lately because Costco has had large containers of organic blueberries for a very reasonable price.

Easy Lemon Cream
Heavy Cream
Lemon Curd
Sugar
Berries

Whip up the cream (I used my immersion blender), add a little sugar.  When the cream is stiff fold in lemon curd to taste.  Put over berries and voila!  A tart lemon delight.  Any leftovers can stay in the refrigerator for a day or two at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment