HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Turnip Fries


After yesterday's trip to the farm I ended up with a few very large turnips.  This last weekend when I had small turnips I made roasted turnip chips but these turnips were so large I decided fries would be better.  Because of a dinner-time snafu I wasn't able to eat them when they were out of the oven.  But I heated them up later in the microwave and ended up eating the entire cookie sheet worth!  About two medium large turnips. :)  I also forgot to add the parmesan while making them but they were still yummy.  I plan on trying the recipe again tonight but with the parmesan this time.

Turnip Fries (inspired by recipes under 400)
2 medium-large turnips
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 Tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
olive oil (spray type)
1/4 tsp rosemary
sea salt

Preheat the oven to 425, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum
Cut the turnip into sticks
Combine the turnip sticks and spices in a large plastic bag, seal and shake to cover.
Spread the sticks in a single layer on the pan and spray with a little olive oil and add salt, then bake 40-50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Serve alone or dip in your favorite sauce.

I still have more turnips left so I'm thinking of trying them mashed like potatoes.  Stay tuned for more adventures of cooking with vegetables. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment