HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Berry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie


I made a smoothie, and yes, it had chia seeds in it.  I can't help myself, those little chia seeds are amazing.  Although I do prefer them in vanilla or coconut pudding.


But I digress.  So this smoothie was packed full of lots of good things.  Including spinach.  Yes spinach.  I'd read that in smoothies you can't taste the spinach so I thought I'd give it a whirl and it was true!  Nary a spinach taste to be found.  I also added ground flaxseed, a dash of chia seeds and honey to sweeten the deal.

Berry Banana Chia Smoothie
1 1/4 cup frozen fruit (I had blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and a couple pieces of peach)
1/2 a frozen banana
1 cup of milk
1Tbsp ground flaxseed (I didn't measure, just put some in)
1Tbsp chia seeds (also didn't measure this)
honey (to taste)
3/4 cup fresh spinach

Put the spinach on the bottom, then the fruit and toppings.  Add the milk and give it a whirl. Voila, a yummy smoothie!  You could use any combination of frozen fruits of course.  I think I'll try strawberry, peach and blackberry next time.

I shared some with my 4 year old and she said it was good.  I think we'll be doing more smoothies around here, easy and a great way to pack in the fruit and veggies.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I have been eating "green" smoothies for awhile! Its a great way to get those greens in without tasting them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd started sooner! You'll have to share your favorite recipes with me. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love hiding spinach in smoothies:) You should bring some to the park tomorrow:) HA! You think they would last that long from your house?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really good! I tasted the banana more than anything. Loved the idea of spinach in it!

    ReplyDelete