HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Monday, March 26, 2012

Chia pudding is my new passion

I'm all about chia seeds.  So far I've only indulged in chia puddings, although I've heard that chia seeds can be used in everything from smoothies to muffins.  For now I'm trying puddings one at a yummy time.

Last week it was vanilla coconut pudding.  Coconut flavor and I go way back so it was a easy winner.  Being ready in 10 minutes was a plus as well. This week I tried a recipe that took a bit more patience as the waiting time was over an hour. Ah, the torture.  It was worth it however.  I can't get enough of the tapioca-like texture and the creamy vanilla flavor.  I made another batch this afternoon and did twice the recipe so that I can share some with my daughter.  And so I have more to eat!

Shake it up vanilla chia pudding
Ingredients
1/4 cup half and half
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp chia seeds

Directions
1. Add all the ingredients to a jar and cover with lid.
2. Shake ingredients until well mixed.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes and then shake again.
4. Put in the refrigerator for 1 hour (if you can stand waiting) or until chia is thick.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get your chia seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy mine in the bulk section at Sprouts (local health foods store). It is also available online, but it was cheaper at Sprouts ($7.99 lb).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy mine at http://organicchia.com/.

    ReplyDelete