HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rutabaga Oven Fries and Swiss Chard Gratin

I had rutabaga after last week's CSA.  I made rutabaga potato salad one night, and then rutabaga oven fries the next.

I found the recipe on eat sleep cuddle.  The fries were both easy and delicious.  My favorite combination.  Everyone loved them and we were sad that there weren't more.  I only had 1 rutabaga, and although it was large we could have eaten at least 2.

Rutabaga Oven Fries
Ingredients
  • Rutabaga
  • Sea Salt
  • Olive Oil
  • Herbs (I recommend rosemary and thyme)

Directions
  1. Peel the rutabaga.
  2. Cut into fries.
  3. Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and herbs.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Toss every 10 minutes.  Remove when they are brown and look delicious.
See oh so easy!

My other successful recipe (one that everyone in the family loved) was Swiss Chard Gratin.  I found the recipe here.  I loved it because it was both a vegetable and a side-dish in one.  I added it to a store-bought roasted chicken and viola, dinner is ready!


I picked up this week's CSA from Chow Locally today and it is full of lots of green.  In fact except for the purple carrots and white turnips everything is green.  I'll be looking for recipes for collard greens.  Any recommendations?

Look at these purple carrots, aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment