- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cans (or one 28oz box) of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14oz of frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- *1 Tbsp dried or fresh cilantro (optional)
- *1/2 Tbsp jalapeno spices (optional)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar or blend cheese
- Put chopped onion, beans, tomatoes, corn, chicken broth, water and spices in the crock pot and stir to mix.
- Put chicken breasts on top of mixture and make sure they're partly submerged in the liquid.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or on low for 8-9.
- Before serving break up and shred the chicken breasts if needed.
- Serve with a few tortilla chips broken up on the top of the bowl, top with cheese and a spoon full (or more) of sour cream.
I used Veggie and Flax Seed Tortilla chips from Trader Joe's. They are not only a healthy choice but they taste great and look pretty too. Let me know what you think if you try this one.