HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sleepless nights and Smoothies

Life has been exhausting the last couple of days.  Mostly due to nights without sleep because of a fussy, sad and restless baby.  Turns out she had a horrible ear infection.  Who knew?

Now that she's medicated I'm hoping for a great night's sleep.

Yesterday in the midst of the confusion of exhaustion I decided we all needed a treat.  So I pulled up the copycat Orange Julius recipe I'd saved a few weeks ago.


Turns out it was perfect.  A little ray of sunshine and a yummy burst of orange.

I worked at the Orange Julius booth during the state fair back in high school so I know a thing or two about them.  Ah, the secrets I could tell about those OJ van shenanigans.  Perhaps another day. 

Anyway, this beautiful smoothie is tasty and pretty to look at but doesn't taste just like a Orange Julius.  Although I think I prefer this one.  Tastes more fresh and natural.

Orange (Julius) Smoothie
Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cold water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla 
5 ice cubes
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate

Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.  I suggest adding a bright straw or pretty umbrella for a particularly festive look. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment