HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quick and easy Creamy Tomato Basil soup

We had a long day of hanging out at the park and driving around running errands.  By the time we came home I was ready for an easy-to-make dinner.


So Tomato Basil Soup was my choice.  It only has 6 ingredients and takes under an hour.  I found the recipe here and I believe it's from a restaurant called La Madeleines.

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup


Ingredients
  • 4 cups crushed canned (or boxed) tomatoes
  • 12 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 stick of butter (I use salted and put a bit less than a whole stick)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Directions
  1. Simmer tomatoes in a saucepan for 30 minutes.  
  2. Puree with the basil leaves in small batches in either a food processor or blender.  (I used a immersion blender instead).
  3. Return to the saucepan and add cream, butter, salt and pepper while stirring over low heat.
  4. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with warm bread.
See, easy-peasy.  I'll admit that for dessert we had a fabulous non-homemade lemon meringue pie from Fresh and Easy.  Not only was it good but 1/2 off.  Oh, I love a bargain!

See you tomorrow for Fisher Price Fridays.  I'll be showing off our Play Family A Frame house.

No comments:

Post a Comment