HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The best buttermilk pancakes

This lazy saturday morning seemed perfect for making pancakes.  My very favorite pancake recipe makes them from scratch, but is just as easy as a mix.  I've loved pancakes forever but have only recently made them actually taste good.  Before I found this recipe I used all kinds of mixes from Bisquick to organic whole wheat.  They all ended up not-so-great, either too thick, too thin, too tasteless, etc.  


I'd about given up when I found this recipe on epicurious.  I tweaked it a bit and now they turn out perfect every. single. time.  I love the consistency. :) 


Perfect Buttermilk Pancakes
Ingredients
1 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups well shaken buttermilk
1/8 tsp vanilla


Directions
1. Put your griddle (or pan) on medium high.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
3. When the griddle is hot enough to make water drops scatter over the surface put 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle.  Cook until golden, turning over 1/2 way through, about 2 minutes per batch.
4. Serve immediately.

You can add fruit inside the batter, although I prefer to put it on top.  This morning we had fresh blueberries.

This is one satisfied customer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment