HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, March 29, 2012

chocolate chia seed pudding

You had to have seen this coming.  My obsession with chia seed puddings could not be complete without a chocolate version. :)  So far I've shared coconut vanilla and shake it up vanilla recipes.  Both excellent, but sometimes a girl needs some chocolate.  Am I right?

I searched the internet for a chocolate recipe and couldn't find one that was just right.  For starters so many people out there want to use sugar alternatives such as stevia, agave and even maple syrup.  I'm a sugar kind of girl.  I may use honey here and there but I like sugar.  Usually organic cane sugar but still sugar.  I also don't have almond milk on hand and most of the recipes called for that.  So I did some experimenting and came up with my own.  Of course if you are in the stevia-almond-milk camp you are welcome to substitute. :)


Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
1/4 cup chia seeds
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients (or shake in a jar if you prefer) and let sit for 10 minutes.  Stir (or shake) again and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.  Eat once the chia seeds are nice and thick.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment