HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Farm Fun at Tolmachoff Farms

Today we joined a few dozen other preschoolers to have a farm field trip.  This is our third year going and it's a highlight of the winter.

Yes, I decided this was another great day to dress my baby up like a chicken.  Especially since the temperatures had dropped from 80 yesterday to the high 50's today.

Tolmachoff Farms is a great local family run far that offers seasonal activities (think halloween pumpkins), field trips and produce stands.  For the field trips they let the kids learn about farming by planting seeds and picking vegetables that you get to take home.  They also have many activities like "train" rides through the fields, playing on the playground, feeding and petting animals, etc.  If that wasn't enough excitement for one day they even give ice-cream sandwiches after lunch.  Heaven!

The 4 year old was excited to have a reason to wear her boots.  Very farm appropriate.

The farm train is a highlight and my 4 year old was all smiles today.

Much improved over two years ago when she was 2.  That is not a happy face.


Here we are this year with our babies outside.

Last year the babies were inside.  :)

I mostly wore my baby but I did decide to be brave and let her have a photo op with the chickens.  You know, since she was dressed like one and everything.

I tried not to flinch when she picked up dirty straw.

And actually fed them.  She must have felt right at home.

The 4 year old fed animals too.  So thankful for hand sanitizer. Ha!

Here's what we picked and brought home.  I had some lovely cilantro too but it went missing between the fields and my kitchen.  Boo!

I have plans for these turnips tonight.  They are MUCH larger than the turnips I used to make roasted turnip chips this weekend so I think I'll make turnip fries this time instead.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment