HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fisher Price Fridays - Sesame Street Clubhouse



Welcome to Fisher Price Fridays, today it's the Sesame Street Clubhouse #937.  Mine says 1976 on the lithograph but they were actually made from 1977-1979.  I picked it up by itself (no extra pieces) at a garage sale.  It's a little beat up but I had to have it as this is one of the sets I have the most fond memories of playing with as a child.  We didn't own the set but someone in my life did because I remember all the little trap doors and what-not.

I had a few Fisher Price Little People (FPLP) Sesame Street characters from my childhood that I added to the set.  Also the Sesame Street garbage truck (it's not from this set, but from the Sesame Street Apartments #978).  The original Clubhouse came with a detachable yellow slide, jump rope, wagon, 3 snap together play tubes and a wagon spool.  


Of these pieces only Roosevelt Franklin (purple headed guy), Big Bird, Bert and Ernie came with the Clubhouse set. The other pieces came as a Sesame Street character set or with the apartments.  Sadly we had a Susan character but she is lost somewhere in the house.  I hate it when pieces go missing!  The original Clubhouse also had The Count and Grover.


The front of the house has a tire swing.  The blue roof (under the FP logo) flips up to have access in the house.  This is helpful as those little people get stuck in there!

The stairs lead to a trap door on the blue roof that sends the piece down a chute and out the side of the building (where it says "look out below").

The back of the clubhouse has a revolving green door.  On top you can see the yellow nest that turns by cranking the orange handle on the side.  The crank also moves a walkway that brings characters to the the slide where they drop down.  This is my daughter's favorite part of the toy.  It's sort of like a gangplank.

There is also an attached merry-go-round in the back.  I can tell from experience if you spin it fast enough the pieces will fly out. ;)

Gotta love the lithographs on this set.  "Cookie for President" and "Bert loves pigeons".  Adorable!


I actually remember Gordon and Susan from watching Sesame Street as a kid.  How cool that they have FPLP that look like them.  Oscar (the grouch) is a great piece too.  The top goes up and down and stays up by giving it a slight twist.  Interesting fact, the original Oscar trash-cans had handles on them, but they phased it out around 1978.


Gotta love Bert and Ernie.  Thanks for coming by, see you next week on Fisher Price Fridays!

5 comments:

  1. This is all very nostalgic. I am feeling like I may need to come over and play again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sorry Arlene, this set isn't for sale anymore. I do have some individual Sesame Street people for sale, let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. :)

      Delete
  3. I still have this but mine doesn't have the swing..(silly little me being too strong-broke it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technically, I still have all my original Fisher Price Little People stuff-I want to pass it on to my own children. I use/used the clubhouse for storage of Little People peeoples

    ReplyDelete