HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The end of Anne's Odds and Ends

Dear Readers,

My that sounds so formal, but I'm going with it.  I wanted to let you know that Anne's Odds and Ends is ending at the end of this year.  On January 1st I'm wrapping up this blog and removing it from the Internet.  Well as much as you can actually remove anything from the Internet!

I started this blog back in the beginning of 2012.  I was a SAHM with a baby and a preschooler.  I blogged about babies, recipes, diapering and of course vintage Fisher Price.  It was a way for me to get my voice out into the world when I was at home feeling isolated at times with all things babies and parenting.

It was also a way to share my love of Vintage Fisher Price with the world, and I enjoyed researching, photographing and then sharing our (oh-so-many) different sets with you all.

Six years later I have two school aged children, three Italian Greyhounds and a PT job.  I've also basically run out of vintage Fisher Price toys to share!  Blogging does not bring me as much joy and I've decided that this is a logical time to stop.  

A big part of why I am stopping and also having to remove my blog are the photos.  I have used Photobucket all these years and this summer they completely changed their hosting costs. In order to continue having my pictures appear on Anne's Odds and Ends (after Dec 31st) I would need to pay hundreds of dollars a year.  Since I have thousands of images on here switching to another hosting site and changing all the links is...not going to happen! ;)

I still have more to share with you all before I close up at the end of the year, but I wanted to give you a heads up in case there is a toy reference, recipe or link that you want to jot down before it all goes away.

I have made a hard copy of my blog (more on that later) to keep my memories but this online resource will be disappearing.

Thank you for sharing with me and reading along all these years.  

Sincerely,
Anne 



4 comments:

  1. I will miss your blog, but I totally understand your reason for quitting! I found that I blog a lot less now that m y kids are at school all day, there's just not as much material to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherilyn, yes, I agree that there just isn't as much to talk about these days. :) Well at least not that my kids would appreciate me putting on the internet!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to see you stop, but it makes total sense. Here is hoping you find a new way to share your hobbies and learnings.

    ReplyDelete