HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Roasted Zucchini and Shrimp Recipe

I've been watching videos on Facebook of recipe preparation again.  There is something mesmerizing about watching someone prepare an entire recipe in 30 seconds.  I end up with dozens of these how-to recipes saved in my account but I rarely actually make one.  Today's recipe was the exception.  

Tasty linked to a recipe called Zucchini "Linguine" with Roasted Shrimp from Buzzfeed. It looked so easy and included simple ingredients that my family (usually) likes so I went for it.  To hedge my bets I made it a side dish rather than the main dish...just in case it was a fail.  Hey, it's happened to me before.  Nothing like preparing a dinner and ending up eating cereal.



I digress.  This recipe was a winner due to it's simplicity and my family actually liking it.  Win-win!!  Next time I'll make it the main dish and skip the extra protein (I did a surf and surf meal - ha-ha- by adding my always-a-winner Ahi with lemon-butter cilantro sauce recipe).

Roasted Zucchini and Shrimp

Ingredients
2 medium zucchini 
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
Parmesan (we preferred shaved) 

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Using a vegetable peeler slice the zucchini into long ribbons (like linguine).
3. In a large bowl mix the zucchini ribbons, shrimp, bell pepper, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil (I used my hands to evenly coat it).
4. Spread the ingredients evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Add a little shaved Parmesan to the top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment