HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, January 13, 2017

Fisher Price Friday - My Friend Nicky


Happy New Year!  I'm back to share another toy for Fisher Price Friday.  Today it's a collectable Fisher Price doll from the 1980s.  I gave my youngest daughter a Nicky doll for Christmas this year and it was one of her favorite presents.  


She had seen a Nicky doll online while I was looking at eBay one afternoon a couple months ago and pointed it out.  She then told me regularly that she would love the doll for Christmas or her next birthday.  Little does she know that finding a brand new 30 year old doll is not the easiest thing to do. :)




However, after a bit of searching I found this beautiful New-In-Box Nicky and she was very excited to open the box on our Christmas present opening day (not actually Christmas day but that's another story).




My Friend Nicky #206 was made only in 1985 and is one of the many super cute My Friend Dolls. Her head, arms and legs are made of plastic but she has a cloth body.  She can sit or stand.   She has soft curly hair, a blue and white cheerleading uniform, blue plastic headband with hearts and flowers and 2 pom poms.   I've read that the doll also came with white panties but as you can see ours are missing.  So either my 5 year old put them somewhere or my NIB doll was missing hers. Either way it's no big deal because the doll has a built in cloth torso that looks like flowered shorts.


According to the box Nicky is machine washable and her hair can be combed and set.  I have not tried to machine wash our My Friends dolls yet, I'm much too afraid!  It just seems like a bad idea.  If I ever do I will make sure to update with the results. 


Note that in 1984 there was a cheerleading Mandy #216 that had the same outfit and accessories.  She is the blond doll that we already happened to have, although my daughter had the #4009 Special Birthday Mandy version.


They also sold the cheerleading outfit only as set #4109.  The sweater on that set had "Mandy" printed on it.




Nicky came with a pair of blue and white tennis shoes.  This particular shoe was exclusive to this cheerleading outfit set.  The cotton socks are white with a blue stripe and they were also exclusives. 


 
Her blue and white pom poms attach via a velcro strap to her wrist.  The back of the box shows the doll with yellow/blue pom poms but as far as I have found this was not a variation that was produced. 




My five year old loves both of her My Friend dolls.  Although right now Nicky is her favorite. :)  For more information on Mandy check out: Special Birthday Mandy #4009

Note: Mandy is wearing a new yellow rollerskating outfit in this photo, another Christmas present.  She came with a party dress originally.

1 comment:

  1. I have original 1970 Mandy, 1976 Jenny, 1981 Becky, and 1981 Mikey (all dates from imprint on back of head) that I pulled out of storage. I found them with I light coating of mold. I was able to wash the plastic head, arms, and legs with a non chlorine Clorox wipe and then washed the all in the washer. Of course with hair contained in a stocking and the whole doll in a garment bag. They got put in the dryer as well all on delicate cycles and low temps. Their hair needed additional attention but they haven't looked this good in years. Funny how 4 old dolls can make me feel like a kid again. These were my dolls from childhood. Oh and a magic erase used gently gets all kinds of yuck off faces,arms,and legs!

    ReplyDelete