HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Chicken Quarters (or 1/2 Chicken) Roasting Recipe

We are having a busy week around here; someone turned 6 and had a Rubber Ducky themed party (more on that soon), and my husband and oldest daughter are currently in Alaska on a father/daughter fishing trip!  If that wasn't enough my big 6 year old had too much excitement/sugar/pool water at her Rubber Ducky Party and ended up sick the next morning.  So we spent the last 36 hrs at home.  

With the extra time I've been working on my overdue blog posts. :)  Here is a yummy Chicken recipe I made a couple weeks ago!




















In my effort to scoop up deals on organic poultry and meat products I sometimes purchase out-of-my-comfort zone cuts.  I'm usually a boneless chicken breast girl so when I picked up some chicken quarters I had to look around for the best way to prepare them.

I adapted a recipe for 1/2 chickens and it worked quite well. 

Roast Chicken Quarters

Ingredients
2 quarter chickens
2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons Sea Salt Seasoning (I used Johnny's Seasoned Organic Sea Salt)
1 whole lemon: 1/2 sliced
2 sprigs rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)

Instructions
1. Rinse the quarter chickens and dry them completely with paper towels. Place them on a sheet pan and coat the whole outside surface with olive oil. 
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Liberally sprinkle the seasoning blend all over the skin of the chicken, making sure to get under also. When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil, swirl it around to coat the pan, and add both of the quarter chickens, skin-side-down and cook for 6-7 minutes until good and browned. The heat on the skillet may need to be turned down to medium during cooking to prevent excessive smoking. When browned, return the quarter chicken to the sheet pan.
3. Roasting: Preheat oven to 350. Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over the chicken. Place a few sprigs of rosemary on the sheet pan as well as the sliced lemon. Place the sheet pan into the oven and roast for 40-50 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 165 on an instant read thermometer. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment