HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I love this week.



I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites from this last week.  My friends and I chat all the time about what we love, so I thought I'd share it with you too!

  1. Newborn size BabyLegs - I have this exact darling little set of babylegs and have been using them in heavy rotation lately.  This time of year in Phoenix it can be in the 50's in the morning and the 80's (or even 90's) in the afternoon.  So I can dress up the baby in a sweet summer outfit but make it weather appropriate in the am by adding these little leggings.  They also come in handy around the house since we do cloth diapering.  Changes are much swifter if you don't have to remove pants!  My baby may be 8 months old but she's still rocking the newborn size.  Yes, I make skinny legged children.
  2. Beyond The Sling by Mayim Bialik, PhD - I briefly wrote about Mayim and her book yesterday.  I just got the book on Wednesday and I'm loving it so far.
  3. Green Sprouts slicker - We've entered into the oh-so-fun but messy stage of eating with the baby.  Since she pretty much refuses to eat out of a spoon food ends up all over the place.  I bought this slicker on Zuilly a month ago and it arrived this week.  Just in time!  Although I bought the larger stage 4 (2t) size it is working pretty well for us.  I love the coverage, less to clean off of baby.  I'll post some photos of it in action soon.
  4. Bluum - Have you heard of Bluum?  You purchase a subscription and every month you get a box of random samples or goodies targeted for parents of small children.  You never know what you're going to get, so it's a fun surprise.  This last month they had a Rabbit Organic baby food pouch, white tea sample, 2 Wedela travel size samples, a spritz (mine was for your pillow) and a chocolate.  Very fun to open but I have to admit that at $11 a month I'm not sure I'll keep my subscription past the 3 month intro I purchased from Plum District (for a steal of only $8 total).
  5. Indestructibles Wiggle March  - I discovered this baby book while on our trip to CA.  If you have a small baby you must get this book!  It is thin like a magazine or big kid book (which babies are oh-so drawn to), but it's indestructible.  They claim to be chew proof, rip proof, non-toxic and washable.  My 8 month old is trying her hardest to destroy the book but so far it's still intact.  At $4.95 it's a great deal.  
  6. Old Navy ruffled sleeve dress - I got this dress for my 4 year old at Old Navy for only $10 this week!  I think it will be on heavy rotation this spring and summer.
  7. Mad Men - Season 5 just started on AMC.  I was able to see seasons 1-4 on Netflix after my baby was born.  Let's just say I saw all 60'ish episodes in a very short time period (on the iPad) thanks to being up all night with a newborn.  The season premier was on AMC.com, not sure what I'll do for the rest of the season since we don't have cable or live television.
  8. Trader Joe's Movie Theatre Popcorn - This stuff is amazing.  It is all natural but somehow tastes just like the chemical laden movie theatre stuff.  I don't know how they do it but I am loving it.  At only $1.99 a bag it's a steal as well.  Let's just say that we can go through a few bags a week around here (I'm not the only fan).
So those are some of my favorites.  Do you love any of these products too?


No comments:

Post a Comment