HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kale and Lentil Soup Recipe

A couple weeks ago I was at my BFFs for lunch.  This is my Zumba 3x a week, eating gluten free, only keeps sugar in her house for me, looking amazing BFF.   She asked me if I wanted pancakes or kale lentil soup.  Hmmm, everything within me was screaming out "pancakes, buttery sweet pancakes" but since I want to be more like her I said "why the kale soup sounds great".

Hmmm.  Guess what?  It actually was!  Now I'm not saying it was as good as her gluten-free, thin, butter soaked, real maple syrup pancakes but it was good!

So good in fact that I requested the recipe and made it for my family. :)

What did my family think?  My 6 year old ate the entire bowl "without making a complaint mom".  My husband wanted to know if we were back on our eating well wagon. ;)  Yes dear we are.


Kale and Lentil Soup
Ingredients 
4 cups Vegetable Broth 
3/4 cups Red Lentils (rinsed) 
1 Carrot (cut into small pieces)
1 Onions (diced) 
1/2 bunch (or 1/2 bag) Kale (remove stem cut into small pieces) 
1 clove Garlic (sliced or minced)
salt/pepper to taste
olive oil

Directions
1. In a large pot saute the onion in a little olive oil for about 3-4 minutes.  Add the garlic and carrots and saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Add the veggie broth, lentils and kale to the pot and bring to a boil.  Let cook until the lentils are tender (about 20 min).  Salt and pepper to taste (my family likes a lot of salt!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment