HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Yummy Antioxidant Green Smoothie Recipe

Last week my family once again had another plague in the house, this time in the form of influenza.  While I took care of my girls I worked hard to avoid getting their virus myself!  I did this with the basics (washing my hands, cleaning surfaces) but also by eating powerful nutrient rich foods and beverages.  



A favorite cousin of mine emailed me a yummy green smoothie recipe full of good nutrients and I gave it a try!  I made a couple changes to work with ingredients I had on hand, but it was pretty close.  I found it a tasty meal replacement and I could just feel my body absorbing the flu-fighting ingredients! :)

So far so good, no flu for me!

Antioxidant Green Smoothie Recipe (1 Serving)

1 cup kale (no stems),
1/2 cup coconut milk & 1/2 cup water (or 1 cup unsweetened coconut water)
1 frozen banana
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp almond butter

Mix it all up in the Vitamix (or blender) and enjoy. Simple. Good.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment