HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Salsa Verde Crockpot Chicken Recipe


This recipe is easy, flavorful and easy.  Did I mention easy?  My BFF has referred to it as her "go-to chicken recipe" for some time but I just recently tried it.  Man I wish I'd listened to her sooner!

It is so simple, only 2-3 ingredients!

We used our chicken in tacos the first night and then I put it over a bed of lettuce and cilantro for leftovers the next day.  Both were amazing!

Salsa Verde Crockpot Chicken

2 frozen (or thawed) chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa verde sauce (I used TJs brand which is 12oz)
water - as needed

Put the chicken in the crockpot and pour the jar over it.  Cook on LOW for 5-7 hrs (longer with frozen breasts).  Add water as needed towards the end to keep chicken moist.  

That's it!  I'll be adding this chicken recipe to our regular rotation.

Here are a two more of our favorite crock pot chicken recipes:

Crock Pot Sour Cream Chicken
Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment