HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Monday, May 28, 2012

Pioneer Village - Anthem

We had some unseasonably cool weather this weekend (70's instead of 100's) so we took advantage of it Saturday by checking out the Pioneer Village in Anthem. It's a living museum full of historical or made-to-look-historical buildings. For only $7 (used a entertainment coupon) the whole family enjoyed 90 min of exploring. We'll need to go back again because that wasn't enough time to see it all. Fortunately summer rates of only $4 per person (under 5 are free) start May 30th.    

They have buildings, wagons and other old equipment and vehicles.

My daughter looked like this most of the time, peeking inside to get a good look.  My husband took some amazing family photos of the kids on porches like this and beside buildings.  It is a great location for photography.  

Many of the interiors had time-period appropriate furniture, furnishings and decorations.



I've always loved to photograph old doors and doorknobs.  Pioneer Village had many many to look at.  Unfortunately I was wearing my baby most of the time and I will admit that it is a challenge to photograph anything up close when you're wearing a baby!  Hopefully next time out I'll get more.

This hall was moved here and rebuilt brick by brick!

The authentic pioneer schoolhouse.

Pioneer Village is open year round, even when it's hot hot.  I saw on their website that it only costs $1 a person to get in if it's over 100 degrees that day.  Now that would be an adventure.

Our weekend fun continued the next day with a last-minute trip up to Sedona.  It is beautiful up here and I'll be blogging about our trip when I return.  We saw lovely red rocks of course but I also picked up some lovely rocks aka-new-jewelry.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment